|Home||» Products||» Medicinal Plant Seeds||» Peganum Harmala|
- Botanical Name: Peganum harmala
- Synonyms: Peganum harmala Linn., Peganum dauricum
- common Name: Harmal, Syrian Rue, Foreign Henna, Wild Rue
- Seeds collection period: After October
- Seeds longevity: 6-12 months
It is a perennial plant which can grow to about 0.8 m tall, but normally it is about 0.3 m tall. The roots of the plant can reach a depth of up to 6.1 m, if the soil where it is growing is very dry. It blossoms between June and August in the Northern Hemisphere. The flowers are white and are about 2.5–3.8 cm in diameter.The round seed capsules measure about 1–1.5 cm in diameter,have three chambers and carry more than 50 seeds.
- Peganum harmala has been used to treat pain and to treat skin inflammations, including skin cancers.
- Peganum harmala has been used as an emmenagogue and abortifacientagent.