|Home||» Products||» Multi Purpose and Ornamental Tree Seeds||» Eucalyptus Globulus|
- Minimum Order Quantity
- Unit of Measure
- Botanical Name: Eucalyptus globulus
- Synonyms: Eucalyptus globulus subsp. Globulus
- Common Name: Tasmanian Blue Gum, Southern Blue Gum or Blue Gum
- Seeds collection period: Mar-May
- Seeds longevity: 6-12 months
Eucalyptus globulus ssp. globulus is a large to very large evergreen tree, 40-55 m tall, with straight, massive trunk 0.6-2 m in diameter; narrow, irregular crown of large branches and drooping aromatic foliage; crown of open-grown trees broadly rounded or irregular with branches nearly to the ground; bark smoothish, mottled grey, brown, and greenish or bluish, peeling in long strips, at base becoming grey, rough and shaggy, thick and finely furrowed; root system deep and spreading.
It is evergreen, with 10-28 months for floral development; 1 triangular pollen grain with 3 apertures and 2 nuclei per grain; diaspores are wind dispersed; a hermaphroditic, dichogamous, self-incompatible, polyploid species.
- Timber: The wood is very hard and strong, with medium texture. It seasons poorly, is difficult to work and nail but takes a high finish. It is used for light construction, plywood, utility poles, piles, tool handles and even railway sleepers. Some of the important wood products include parquet, cooperage, low-grade veneer, furniture and various types of sawn timber. The timber requires special care in sawing and drying because of high incidence of spiral grain.
- Fibre: It is one of the better Eucalyptus species for papermaking and is widely used for pulp. In Spain, a good quality pulp, mostly bleached, is made from the sulphite, sulphate or bisulphite process. Important fibre products include fibreboard and particleboard.
- Medicine: The oils are used as an inhalant with steam and other preparations for relief of colds and influenza symptoms. Because of the refreshing odour of the oil and its efficiency in killing bacteria, it is also an antiseptic. It helps to treat lung infections, gastrointestinal ulcers and angina.
- Payment Terms
- Delivery Time
- 15 Days
- Main Export Market(s)
- Africa, Middle East, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, South America, North America, Central America, Australia, Asia