|Home||» Products||» Medicinal Plant Seeds||» Cytisus Scoparius|
Product Code : 286
- Botanical Name: Cytisus scoparius
- Synonyms: Sarothamnus scoparius, Spartium scoparium. Sarothamnus bourgaei. Sarothamnus vulgaris.
- Common Name: Common Broom and Scotch Broom
- Seeds collection period: Aug- Nov
- Seeds longevity: 1-2 years
- Plants of Cytisus scoparius typically grow to 1–3 m tall, rarely to 4 m, with main stems up to 5 cm thick, rarely 10 cm. The shrubs have green shoots with small deciduous trifoliate leaves 5–15 mm long, and in spring and summer is covered in profuse golden yellow flowers 20–30 mm from top to bottom and 15–20 mm wide. Flowering occurs after 50-80 growing degree days. In late summer, its legumes(seed pods) mature black, 2–3 cm long, 8 mm broad and 2–3 mm thick; they burst open, often with an audible crack, forcibly throwing seed from the parent plant.
05 Panditwari, PO: Prem Nagar, Dehradun - 248007, Uttarakhand, India
Mr. Harsh Kumar
Accepts only Export inquiries Send Inquiry