|Home||» Products||» Essential Oil Bearing Plants Seeds||» Cymbopogon Flexuosus|
- Botanical Name: Cymbopogon flexuosus
- Common Name: East Indian Lemon grass, Malabar or Cochin Lemongrass, Fever Grass
- Seeds Longevity: 6- 12 months
- Seeds collection period: Sep.- Nov
The Lemon Grass ornamental thrives in moist soil and full sun, growing 36 - 60 inches tall. Grow in containers so that the plant can be moved indoors during winter. It is a tropical perennial grown as an annual in most parts of the United States. It is not tolerant of frost and any heavy frost will kill it.
- Lemon Grass seeds for an essential herb used in Asian cuisine. The leaves and stems of Lemon Grass can be used fresh or dried to impart a distinct lemon flavor.
- Lemongrass herb adds exquisite flavor to soup, curries, and sauces, as well as fish and chicken dishes. It is also great for keeping the mosquitoes away! Makes a wonderful ingredient for hot teas. Made into a tea, it can help with digestive problems. This clump-forming perennial easily is grown from herb seeds, and it resembles an ornamental grass with its aromatic cane-like stems arising from a central base.
- The lemon-scented, linear, strap leaves reach 3 feet long, falling over at the tip. The fibrous leaves have a very strong lemon aroma and are the source of Lemon Grass oil that is used to flavor candy, ice cream and pastries.