|Home||» Products||» Ornamental Shrub Seeds||» Coix Lacryma-Jobi|
Product Code : 279
- Botanical Name: Coix lacryma-jobi
- Synonyms: Coix agrestis, Coix arundinacea, Coix exaltata, Coix lacryma
- Common Name: Coixseed, Tear Grass, adlay,or adlai Chinese pearl barley, Jobas tears
- Seeds collection period: Sep- Oct.
- Seeds longevity: 1-2 year
An annual, 1-2 m tall, stem erect, with brace-roots from the lower nodes. Inflorescences prolific; the first glume of the male spikelet narrowly winged, the wings not covering the raceme (Henty, 1969). Seeds yellow, purple, white or brown. The grass is monoecious with separate male and female flowers. There are soft-shelled forms for eating and hard-shelled ones for ornamentation.
Distribution: Native to tropical Asia, but now widely distributed in the tropics.
Season of growth: Summer
Altitude rang: Sea-level to 2 000 m.
Rainfall requirements: It needs reasonably high rainfall in areas which grow maize and upland rice, usually in excess of 1 500 mm.
05 Panditwari, PO: Prem Nagar, Dehradun - 248007, Uttarakhand, India
Mr. Harsh Kumar
Accepts only Export inquiries Send Inquiry